I don't ever remember savoring every season in it's own unique glory as much as I have this past year. I think that growing and nurturing a baby for nine months and then accomplishing the most amazing miracle of birth leaves the world a little bit more charming than it was before this little life came into the picture. Forcing you to see and appreciate things in every season of life that you would have normally passed by and never noticed before. I adore fall, and spring, and sometimes winter. Sometimes. Well, I really only adore winter during the week of Christmas. I can't say I've ever really looked forward to summer. Until now. I'm not sure if it's because I have Banana Boat sunscreen for babies sitting on my kitchen counter which reminds me of all the summer-time firsts we will welcome with a new baby, or street corners ornamented with neon handwritten garage sale signs, or that we have tiki torches and a deck to enjoy them on, or maybe it's because summer brings pounds upon pounds of freshly picked, mouth watering, sour popping, Michigan cherries?! OR. Oh, I bet I know what it is... maybe it's because there is a gorgeous pool filled with carribbean blue water and all the lounge chairs you could ever need about, oh... 50 feet from our front door? Yep. That's what it is. (Plus every other summer perk listed above, of course.)
This was my view on the way home from hitting the garage sales yesterday with my two boys. This is the new face he's been making lately... he's discovering his cute little bottom lip! He just doesn't know how cute it is yet. :)
Breck's and Daddy at our POOL for the first time! (See that door just to the right of Breck? Yeah... that's our front door! Can't get any closer to the pool than our condo! We LOVE it!)
Mmm... smells of summer...
I LOVE this picture. When I look at it I see a Daddy whispering a sweet pep talk to his baby and building up his courage to lose fear and tackle and that big scary ocean of lapping water. Priceless.
As you can see... Breck was not a big fan of his first dip. :) Daddy barely got Breck's foot in the water... and he made up his mind it was way too cold!
Mmm... colors of summer...
Breck and Momma relaxing...
No comments:
Post a Comment