26 May 2010

[ limit: 6 please. ]

Really? Really. I have 30 garments of clothing to try on. And you're telling me that I can only take 6 in at a time? You have got to be kidding me. As of tonight... fitting room garment limits have been added to my lengthy list of annoying pet peeves. Seriously... what is the point? The majority of the time the fitting room associate doesn't even count the garments, they just hand you a pointless card with a number on it, which you hand back to them once you decide nothing fits, of course. How is that supposed to prevent shop lifting? Got me. You know what's even worse than the ridiculously low limits and pointless number cards? Walking out of a fitting room with a fat-roll-accentuating bathing suit shimmied over a ghostly-white, post-pregnancy, sun-deprived body. With each embarrassing step towards the husband, I tried to interpret the scowls on fellow customers faces as they watched me bashfully model the suit for him.  All I could come up with were these thoughts that seem to be seeping from their faces... "Looks like someone has been absent from tanning class." "She could afford to loose a few 70 pounds." "She really thinks that looks good?" But, if I was really honest with myself... I know they were just as frustrated as I was that there was a mile long line to wait for a fitting room (and the fact that you can only take 6 garments in at a time, by the way). Did I mention that I hate that? I have always hated it, but I actually recognized it tonight because after each batch of six, I would: get dressed, organize my clothes into "no way," "maybe," and "can't live with out this" piles, turn the card and unwanted clothes in, make my new six selections from the cart, get in the back of the mile long line to wait for a new fitting room, wait again to receive the "pointless number card," get undressed and start the whole process over again. Wonder what the technical name for those "pointless number cards" are anyway?  Hmm. All I know is... fitting room garment limits should be increased to at LEAST 50. No less. There. Just had to vent. I love you anyways, Target. :) 


3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh while reading your description of the fitting room adventure!! I absolutely HATE trying on clothes, so I would have quit after the first set of 6! LOL And I love all the pictures of Breck...he is getting so big!! I love his different expressions! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh as I read your discription of the fitting roon adventure! I absolutely HATE trying on clothes, so I would have quit after the first set of 6! And I love the pictures of Breck...his expressions are adorable! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Target is the WORST with this. I was trying suits on at Sears yesterday...no limit there, but no room for a baby stroller. We just can't win. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...