18 May 2010

[ a milestone you won't find in any baby book ]

It finally happened!!! No, my baby didn't sit up for the first time, or get his first tooth, or say his first word. My baby laid his head down! He laid it down! On my shoulder! Most mommies jump up and down when their baby holds their head up for the first time, but not this mommy! I've never known my little Breck Reid to not be able to hold his head up. :) I've never seen a baby with such a keen awareness of his environment. He always needs to know what is going on. It just breaks his little heart to miss a beat, and to do the forbidden: fall asleep. As you can see... day #2 in the hospital... he was holding his little head up to check out the crazy world around him!

And he's been holding it up ever since! He hardly ever, ever, EVER lays his head down on my chest. But, it happened. Tonight. I was rocking him before bed and he laid his precious little head down. I then heard some soft shallow breathing begin that gave him away to some serious sleep. Before long, his little arms that started out on the bare skin of my chest began slipping down ever so slowly ending lifeless at his sides. This occurrence is so rare that I texted Daddy, who was downstairs during this milestone, and told him to sneak up, slooooowly turn the lights up, and quick! Take a picture! And here we have it! I had to have a picture of it! 

 





Ps. OH! I can't get enough of this kid!
(16 weeks)






1 comment:

  1. such a sweet picture of you rocking! =)
    Did you get a new kitty???

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...