I smile at the most beautiful miracle I have ever laid eyes on. My heart feels as though it could explode with all the love bubbling inside for him. My little miracle is bashfully smiling back at me with a wide mouth open, and eyebrows raised, as if to say, "I know Mommy! I can feel that you love me. And I love you so much too!"
That big smile from my tiny son stirred an epiphany in me. It made me realize that for a solid year (or more) we build a relationship with our children, but never have a single (two-way) conversation with them. Can you imagine? For a year, not speaking an audible word to your best friend or spouse? The only form of communication being smiles, cries, coos, laughter, and physical touch? Until our children can use language to communicate the emotions their little bodies experience... all we have are smiles, laughter, and physical touch. (Cries too of course.) How important those three things are in order to make a child feel loved, secure, and safe. This is why Breck gets plenty of smiles, KISSES upon kisses, baths, and massages every single day. He needs to FEEL that he is loved, and I believe he knows and feels that he is loved when he looks at his mommy and daddy every day!
Ps. This little guy has my heart!
OH GOSH! That made me cry! That is so true!!!! I love you all!
ReplyDelete~Holly
You are adorable. And so is your blog. And so is your sweet, sweet little boy. And your husband too- because I love his glasses- ha! =) Your pictures are fantastic! I now officially have rebel envy...it's making the birthday wish list for sure!
ReplyDeleteSo adorable!! Isn't it amazing how you can love someone you've never met...your baby growing inside of you for 9 months!! Love you!
ReplyDelete<3 Mom