01 April 2011

[ unrelated birthdays & surprises ]

This past Sunday we had a great time together as a family celebrating Dad Buckingham's birthday. (Or as he would say, birfday. He swears  he pronounces it correctly, but every time he says the word we all giggle because we swear it comes out as bir-f-day. He's so cute! :)

We were trying to get a photo of all the Buckingham men and I love the progression of these three photos. They make me laugh every time. (By the way, I can only imagine how Mom Buckingham's heart must SWELL with love and pride when she looks at these pictures of her boys, and knowing that they are all her boys! I mean, my heart swells and I get goosebumps when I look at it, and only two of them are mine!)

Anyways... back to the progression of these photos.

Picture #1: Great picture, right? Then there's Justin. (On the left.)
He. is. hilarious!
When we were taking these pictures I told him to put the pillow down.
He then responded with, What?! I have to hold my son too!




Picture #2: Everyone's reaction when they realize what Justin is doing. Everything about this picture makes me laugh... from the adult's expressions to the babies oblivious faces. Ha!



Picture #3: Ok. Seriously, for reals this time, dudes. :) Got it! 





We just ran out of  number "3" candles to make "32" so we improvised and used a "5" instead. :)


*** Insert surprise here! ***

We were all lounging around enjoying Dad B's birthday, when I looked up from, I dunno - moving a breakable mug out of the babies reach or something, and saw MY MOM AND DAD standing in my entry way! I immediately stood up and starting screeching something to the tune of What!?! What? What! No! Are YOU SERIOUS!? as I jumped up off the couch into what seemed like a five foot jump off the ground and hit the ground running to my Mom and Dad! I'll just say it made a big enough of a scene that Breck thought some emergency was happening and that I was hurt and began to respond in uncontrollable scared sobbing. Not exactly the greeting we would have chose had we known Mamaw and Papaw were gonna see baby boy, but hey  - they were glad to see him any way he'd choose to greet them. Tears, or no tears... they were here to see their Breckeroni! It took a few hours for it sink in that my Mom and Dad were just chilling in my living room on a Sunday afternoon! They stayed for a few days and we had a great time making memories. Daddy had to work nearly the entire time they were here, so we missed having him around, but it was great that my parents were here to keep Breck and I company because I hate, hate, hate it with a passion being home alone with a baby in the evening. 

Here are some of the pictures from our weekend with my parents...


They treated us to a heavenly lunch at Marie Catribs! 




Hello, Spring.






Goodness sakes, I can see the resemblance between these two here!.


Reading books with Mamaw...


Mom's reaction when I caught her getting into the Roaaaaring of the dinos in the book...




Ice chips are the snack of choice for this little sweetie. :)


Helping Momma mop the kitchen...


Cute little outfit from Mamaw and Papaw. 
It was indeed a little too chilly for shorts that day, but we stayed inside.


The cutest baby boat shoes I've ever seen. Ever.


We despise goodbyes around here. The harshness of the quite house after company leaves is unbearable sometimes. So after the tears of Mamaw and Papaw being on the road again, we searched for something happy. So we sidewalk chalked the deck. Well, Momma did, and Breck threw the chalk as hard as he could, but he enjoyed himself, nonetheless. :)



And now, as I type, Uncle Aaron, Aunt Holly, Dylan and Brody are driving North. Destination: OUR HOUSE! We get visiting family for the weekend too! Like I said, our cup runneth over with family this week and weekend, and it is sheer bliss. :) Can't wait to have the kids together, and for some sister-sister grown up time after babies are nicely tucked into the Land of Nod. Thank you Lord for family! Amen! :)
-A

4 comments:

  1. Sniffin' as I read and not because of my impending cold, but because you make me thankful for everything! I could list a thousand things just in these new pictures and words! I do get goosebumps when I see the ever growing generations of MY baby boys.....And I must admit, since my favorite color is any tone of blue, Justin's little guy is my favorite!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post, A! Love love love it. Gosh. I am near tears with happiness for you, because I can totally picture the reaction to the surprise of your parents being in the entry way! SO happy you've had such a blessed week! I hope you have a fabulous time with your sister and her family! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! I did not realize that Brett Sr. is "32"...wow!! ;) Great picture of all the Buckingham men...I especially love Justin's little pillow baby! LOL I just wish I could have gotten a video of you jumping up and clapping when we arrived, but it will forever be in my mind! The clapping was such a Grandma Lasley thing! We sure enjoyed the few days together and look forward to the next time! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pictures! Especially the Buckingham boys...what a handsom group :) I'm so glad you've had time with your fam!!! And pretty soon, it'll be my turn :)
    Krystal

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...