Daddy had to work late tonight. So, little man and I ditched scrounging the refrigerator for leftovers and what could suffice for baby food, and headed to Panera to share some dinner and drinks together. We had such a fun time and Breck was a doll the entire dinner. The only time I had to Shhh him was when he was belly laughing so loud the entire restaurant could have heard his little chuckle. He was looking to his left and laughing it up constantly in between bites. I finally peeked my head outside and around the booth to see what he was giggling at... to find he was flirting with a cute little old lady who was waving and making faces at him. He was smitten. Everyone in earshot was catching Breck's contagious laugh except the smug businessman in the corner who was obviously pretending with all his might to be all business like and ignore the cute baby laugh. Who can ignore a baby that is laughing? Really, dude? Go on. Just keep starring at that computer screen, while I document a moment worth cherishing. I don't mind if I do. Ha! Here are a few pictures I got of Breck on my phone tonight.
After dinner we went to Target to do a little shopping for several parties and showers we've rsvp'd for in the upcoming month. About half-way through the shopping, Breck demanded that I free him from the cart and either hold him or let him push the cart. I finally just figured we aren't in a hurry, so why not let him push the cart while I (unbeknownst to him) steer. He felt independent and I didn't have to juggle a squirming baby. It was a win win. Several shoppers chuckled as they passed and saw what he was doing. This was my view:
Breck meltdowned it when I buckled him in the car-seat. I promised him we were going to go home. When we pulled in the drive, I looked back to find him just glaring at me. I asked him if he was mad at me? He got a sparkle in his eye, and a grin on his face and shook his head "No-no" several times. Made me laugh and put my heart at ease. :)
Gotta love date nights with my little man.


SO stinkin cute! I love the part about B laughing....because we were at Panera two days ago and guess what MY little man was doing? SCREAMING....just like he did across the table at your house a few weeks ago. Ha! I'll have to have B give my man a pep talk about using his indoor voice at Panera! AND if you are interested, my season pass lets me bring in a "guest" for freebies unlimited throughout this year, and the babies are free- so if you and B want to hit up a double date while the menfolk are at work, I would be happy to get you in to see the butterflies =) Even if you and BR want to go together as a fam, we can find a nice day and go again later- its definitely a do-more-than-once experience if we go to the Children's Gardens too. Also, a season pass is only 65 bucks for you to get in year round plus an "add-a-guest" which can be anyone, any time, as long as you are with them. So if my little fam goes it ends up paying for itself after three visits....I already have three planned in the next couple weeks! Such a good deal if you think you and little B might enjoy the gardens this spring/summer...but you are always welcome to come with us too! Wow. I should just call you. Feel free to skip publishing this beast! =)
ReplyDeleteOh how fun! I miss those days of date night with one kid!
ReplyDelete