22 February 2011

[ hugs, kisses & a pat ]

Oh my. My heart about melted into a puddle on the floor tonight. I don't have a picture of what happened, but at least if I write it down, heres hoping I never forget that mental picture! This evening Breck and I were playing and he seemed to be in a wildly giddy mood. Everything I was doing was making him laugh. He stopped goofing off, leaned into me, gave me several kisses, rested his head on my shoulder, put his arms around me, and patted my back several times. Everything about his body language was saying, Oh, Mommy, I love you. When I saw out of my peripheral vision, his little hands go up and down, patting my back... OH. MY. GOOODNESS. Everything in me was pleading Hold it! Hold everything! I need this moment to be bottled up and saved to be pulled out and relived once again! Goodness sakes... to think that a whole year of loving on this little boy and here he is loving me back and reciprocating affection. Wow. What a blessing it is to be a parent.

John 16:21 "A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because her joy is that a child is born into the world."

-A


Ps. What's a post without a picture!? I just can't publish a post without one.


There's no denying this peek-a-boo hiney isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen?!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...