03 November 2010

[ nonpareil temptations ]

A few months back, we had some guests over and the highlight of the evening was making our own carmel apples. We had about every topping a child, or adult for that matter, could possibly want to sprinkle atop their cascading carmel. At the end of the evening, most of the toppings were gone, except this six compartment container which housed six different types of halloween sprinkles. The container just screamed Martha Stewart Halloween Baking! Plus the thought of a nonpareil crunch on top of a soft sugar cookie cutout? Irresistible. It's true. Every time I opened my spice cabinet, there they were staring me in the face, and begging me to bake. I knew that in a few days the Buckinghams were getting together on Halloween for some cozy fall food, pumpkin carving, and fun times, so it was an instant excuse to sprinkle those suckers! I felt very Martha.






I had a little helper...










My spider... 


Look how cool my honey's black cat turned out...




I was photographing this pumpkin and Sterling touched it just as I took it. 


The acrobat is back!
(Stinkin' cute shirt compliments of Aunt Holly!)


Happy Fall!


1 comment:

  1. Is that Joyce's apron in that one picture? I love them all....needless to say.

    Thanks for putting your memories into words! That way I don't have to try! :)

    Love the three of you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...