One of the Christmas traditions that I look forward to every year is the Christmas baking weekend with my Mom-in-law. We are good and bad influences on each other. We both have the undiagnosed-attention-deficit disorder that constantly keeps us off track, plus we both posses the I-can't-decide-which-craft/recipe-to-make-so-let's-make-them-all-and-get-overwhelmed disorder! But once we finally got organized, we had a blast, regardless of our disorders! We made everything from Apricot crescents, to gingerbread cookies, to frosted sugar cookies, to snowballs (aka mexican wedding cakes), to chocolate carmel twisted pretzels, to cherry almond cups, to Orea bon-bons, to lemon pistachio cookies, to spritz cookies, to candied cherry coconut macaroons, to Oreo peppermint bark. We spent about twelve non-stop hours on our feet whippin' up these babies. Plus a few extra hours during the week because we just couldn't bring ourselves to finish out the last few batches after working from 10:00am-10:00pm. We were spent. But spent to our heart's content, because there is just something too charming and irresistible about a random spread of Christmas colors, shapes, and treats that makes your hears pulse your favorite Christmas carol.
And behold... (Hear the angelic choir serenading these babies? I do! Aaaaaaah aaah!)
There's just something about these Nonpareils that are irresistible! Simply.
(Good job on the picture, Mom... )
This is what Daddy was busy doing... and boy did he pipe the prettiest shingles ever!
He melted jolly ranchers to make Christmas trees...
This is what baby boy was busy doing while Momma and Gramma were baking away...
Caught a little of this action and thought it was precious!
Mixing bowl, mixing bowl on the highchair tray... who's the... well, nevermind.
Until next years baking extravaganza...
Christmas pictures coming soon. I promise, promise, promise.




















I love the pictures. And I couldn't help but ask, what the heck is a "nonperil"? Non perishable, non eatable, no peril if you DO eat them? All I know is that I love them too! We did have so much fun, and now we have a few more to bake....we can call those New Years Cookies!
ReplyDeleteyou are too funny! I love the pictures and your singing to the cookies!
ReplyDelete