It's hard to fathom that one year ago, right about now - this is what I looked like.
Laboring. For our sweet girl.

And it's hard to believe that one year after those photos... this is the sweet girl I nursed and kissed goodnight tonight. I can't believe she is one year old tomorrow! What a beautiful blessing she is to our family. One year ago tonight I was laying beside Breck as I tucked him into bed... knowing that it would be the last night he was my only baby. And that the next time I'd be home for bedtime... I'd have two babies to kiss goodnight. I couldn't fathom it. But tonight, one year later, I can't fathom that my second little darling's first year of life is complete. I laid her in her crib tonight as an eleven month old, and she will pass over that crib railing tomorrow morning as a one year old. She is our sweet, spunky, sassy, outgoing, daring, risky, musical, sweet, sweet, and did I say "sweet?" little girl! She is a lover of almost all foods... her favorites being fruits and veggies. :) She is a climber and has already conquered buzzing up flights of stairs like it's no. big. deal. She has taken four steps (around 11 months old), but she isn't walking or really even very close. She stands in the middle of the room all of the time, but she falls to the floor and starts crawling if she wants to get anywhere quick. She does walk along the edge of furniture too! She busts a move as soon as she hears any kind of tunes. One of her favorite things to do is crawl over to daddy's side of the bed each morning to turn his alarm clock music on and bust a move. She does forward and backwards and side to side, up and down. She does it all. She makes the cutest noises when she jabbers. One of our favorites is "Twwah." She throws it on the end of almost every sound, and she usually points when she does it. She'll give out kisses when you say "Kiss. Kiss." She says "Daa" for Daddy. And "Maay Maay" for Momma. Tomorrow we will speak many happy birthdays (thanks to Breck! He has taken it upon himself to see it through that the Adams' family tradition of expressing "happy birthday" every time you see the birthday baby during their birthday day. :) and light a few candles in honor of our "Laidey-Lou," our "Lou-lou girl," our "Adelaidey Pearl."












Precious post, Amber! Chills all over the place looking through those one-year-ago-today photos...what a gift! She is such a bright-eyed treasure! Can't wait for the b-day party post....no pressure! ha =) hugs!
ReplyDelete