17 November 2011

[ officially official ]

It's official. 

Big brother protects little sister. On three different occasions this week, he nearly cried, pointed to Adelaide, and whined "baaaby!?" when a stranger was holding her. As if he thought they were going to get away with kidnapping her without his permission. It. was. precious! It melts my heart when Breck squeals in excitement baaaaby! every time she wakes up from a nap, or every time he sees her, for that matter! And it melts my heart when she smiles and flails her arms and legs when she sees or hears Breck. Sister knows that voice she heard in Mama's stomach for nine months, and it shows.



He wore these sunglasses for several hours the other day. Just because. 


Just before these pictures were taken, I had put Laidey in the Bumbo just to see how she would do. As soon as her little tush was in the seat, he got strait up off the floor from where he was coloring and marched right over to where she was. He declared, Off! Off! and tried to sit on top of her! Mama intervened, but as soon as I took her out, he plopped himself right into that Bumbo. He continued to write, and he had this serious face on, like he was making out his Christmas list or something. :) 




It's also official, that baby girl loves her Mama, and I can verify, the feeling is mutual. Two nights in a row, I was gone for 2-3 hours, and little sweetie pie knew it. She fussed quite a bit and Daddy said she wouldn't go five minutes without fussing or take a bottle.  Of course it melted Mama's heart to see that she was all smiles and coos once I got home! We've got a little bond going on, and it's something special, I'll tell ya. 

She fell asleep on my chest and slept through me making dinner one evening! 




What a typical getting-ready-for-dinner moment at the Buckingham's looks like...


I'm just bracing myself for him to refuse the highchair any day now, 
because he loves being a big boy and sitting at the table...



Boy was obsessed with this new idea of gloves. I was prepared for him to HATE them, but I was wrong and he LOVED them! Took two naps and tried to eat his lunch in them that day as a matter of fact.




Video of Breck wearing gloves for the first time!
(Ps. Yes, he has bedhead. And yes, Mama butchered his bangs on accident. 
That's why we don't leave the house without spiking his hair up first. Ooops!)



He's so into movies. Nemo, Cars, and The Incredibles.




Laidey Lou in the adorable outfit from Maymee (Breck's latest pronunciation of "grammy") 
and the hat and booties made with love, by Mama. 




Breck rarely cuddles like this, but Uncle Jus did the trick!
 


Smiles for Grammy


It's also official that Breck's vocabulary has just exploded. I was going to blog all of the words with the way he pronunciates them, but I thought it would be much more fun to look back one day on these videos and just be able to hear him say them. And, I'm sorry, but I just have to brag on my child for a moment and say, He's just so stinking smart. He knows his colors, body parts, several-several words, and is beginning to count to 10. And he always comprehends what we are saying to him! Crazy to believe he is old enough to be communicating this much. Here are some videos of him proving his knowledge. (It's also official that I can't stand to hear my voice on a video! Eeek!)

Breck's vocabulary 1


Breck's vocabulary 2


Breck knows his colors


Good morning, Breck and Adelaide


It is also officially, official that Baby Adelaide is ADORABLE! Who said that the second child never gets any pictures taken? Because I can't stop. (I am also happy to declare, she is sleeping through the night at 9 weeks and has been, off and on, since 6 weeks! Thank you, Baby Wise!)

Took these yesterday... Adelaide at 9 weeks...
Sister wearing brother's ducky sleeper! 


Left: Adelaide, 2 months  Right: Breck 1 month




Before bath hair...


After bath hair... Hello, volume and curls!


Ummm, can we say "brother and sister, please!?" 
Left: Adelaide, 2 months  Right: Breck, 2 months




It's official, and has been for quite a while... I have so very much to be thankful for. 
-Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...