We've had a few warmer days that hint spring. And by that I mean... we wear spring jackets instead of our bulky winter coats. But hey, it's hope. And we'll take it! I've never been much of an outdoors person. But being cooped up inside all winter with a toddler and with the beautiful weather we had yesterday made me want to me outdoors-y. Yesterday Breck and I had so much fun just wandering around seeing what we could find. Since Breck is walking now, he thinks it is a big deal to be able to walk and explore outside. Yesterday we bundled up just enough to guard us from the wind and wandered around from rock, to branch, to leaf, to steps all afternoon. I pretty much let him go where he pleased and I followed happily behind watching nature through his eyes. What an amazing thing to do... to see that the sound of the wind and the scratch of a dried leaf from last fall skidding across the pavement was amusing to him. I think he actually didn't even get the idea of wind, and thought that the leaf was moving on its own. I reached down and picked up the leaf to offer it to him, and he furrowed his eyebrows and backed away with a look on his face that said, "Mom! That thing is alive... it was just moving around on the ground!"
I mean, seriously. Can a ball-cap look any cuter on a baby?
Momma, look what I found!
And I'm pretty much obsessed with his new kicks I scored for $4.00 at a local MOPS sale!
..............................................................................
And today we got another dose of hopeful weather when we met up with our friends at a local gem of a park. Miss B is always good at being creative with playdates! We will be frequenting this place this summer... it was a beauty! The babies had so much fun despite the still cool morning weather and runny noses from the cold. But hey, it's still warmer than what we've had during the past four months, and there are no flurries in the air, so we'll take it! It's our hint of spring!
Told ya, I am obsessed with his new sneaks!
Miss B caught us some candids!
Sweet Little Miss never made a peep!
And who ever said Momma and son couldn't match!? Gotta love the Keens!
Breck just got some shoes that match little J's exactly!
We even discovered the fun of a steering wheel.
What a fun day! Can't wait for REAL Spring and Summer to get here! Hurry please, hurry pool grand opening, baby sunblock, deck lights glowing long after dusk, beach picnics, and sunkissed skin! Mmm. It's a comin'... I can feel it in the air.
-A





















Another batch of winning pics! But that one is totally like oh my stomach....he's falling out of the swing and his Mommy isn't looking!!! LOL I love that one!
ReplyDeleteWHAT an adorable post! I love the pics, which is why I stole them all =) Loving this weather and looking forward to another playground adventure next week! Also busted a gut laughing at the pic of the boys in the swing with you- too stinking funny =)
ReplyDeleteI love it! You're blog is pretty much awesome :)
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog today and I am in awe of your photography skills. Seriously, these are so pretty. the light the subject. Just awesome! (:
ReplyDelete