When the clock tick-tocked to midnight and all phones, computers, and calendars across the globe automatically updated to January 1, 2011, I didn't hear the handsome Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year Countdown, or Auld Lang Syne, or see a glittery ball drop in a ten second timeframe.
This was my view...
...and that was good enough.
Baby boy wanted to ring in the new year too. He woke up exactly ten minutes before midnight. I wasn't overly excited to see our year go and a new one come. I'm sure there will be great things in 2011, but 2010 was just our year.
We welcomed our baby boy...
I became a Mamma...
Daddy became a daddy...
We became official home owners...
2010 brought cousins galore!
Brody, Dylan, and Breck...
Maxon, Poppa, and Breck
Precious last moments were spent with ones we love...
2010 possessed several firsts for us... and I think that might be were my little twinge of farewell sadness is coming from... I mean, it just sounds weird to say I had a baby last year. It somehow implies that my baby is no longer a baby! God has been so good to us this year, but not very far from us are friends and family we love that haven't felt as blessed and have experience quite a bit of heartache and struggles. Wishing them a special peace and comfort, and heres to hoping 2011 is their year! Even though that twinge of resistance was there in saying goodbye to 2010, I'm so excited for a new year, new seasons, and new firsts to come! Like a first birthday coming up this month! Welcome 2011!














Oh my goodness!! This brought a few tears to my eyes...starting with that little "red" Breck on your chest and your expression as if to say "I'm finally holding my baby boy!!" And then Mom holding Breck for the first time!! Where are my kleenex?? Love you! Mom
ReplyDelete